So last night I went to my work Christmas dinner, dinner was amazing as it usually is at Chatterpauls (If you haven’t been there before it’s in Whitby and it’s a must).
But I got home and as soon as I walked in the house I just had a melt down…man I am thankful for my amazing husband. I don’t know what the reason for this meltdown was; if it was the realization that I’ve been such a difficult person to live with, if it was the feeling of not being happy with myself, if it was the miscarriages that sometimes I can’t hold back, the exhaustion , or probably just a big mixed bag of everything together.
But after talking to my kick ass husband and telling him I’m sorry for being such a bitch towards him I realized a few things: I realized that I push everything to the back of my mind b/c of these 2 amazing humans that we have, I realized I push any sad/bad feelings aside because I never want them to see me like that, I realized that I push things that i’ve wanted to do forever to the side because well I’d rather spend the time and money on them and I realized that I always worry about everyone else and never focus on myself. By the end of the day I take it out on my husband b/c well who else are you going to take it out on?!?! These tiny humans make my day so much better and when I’m with them my heart is so full, but I don’t have the time to think about everything else going on either so unfortunately I act bitchy towards my husband b/c well he’s the closest to me, for that I can’t say sorry enough!
So I’ve decided finally on my new years resolutions – to do things that make me feel better/make me happy on top of making sure we have amazing family time
- Well was this blog so I can check that off – it really does make me feel better!
- Don’t worry about the weight – just get healthy and feel better, feel like YOU
- Sign up for the Interior Design course I’ve been wanting to do for years.
- Be a better example for my little humans
- More adventures with the family – less staying locked up in the house
- Get my house organized – Maybe I should watch that new show everyone is watching?!?! i’m afraid I will become too obsessed with it so have been boycotting it
- Go on more dates with just me and the hubs – even if it’s just for a cup of coffee
- The most important one – Make sure My family is happy and living life to the fullest…including me!
To all the Moms I challenge you to make New Years Resolutions for JUST you as well as for your family!
*featured image taken by Caitlin Free Photography*